[Live-devel] A question about reading video frames from memory

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 1 00:22:53 PDT 2008

>I try to modified testMPEG4VideoStreamer and find the FramedSource
>is file-base. It does not fit my need because video frames are in
>memory. I try to find other FramedSource, but no one seems to be
>suitable for it.
>
>So, my question is what FramedSource that can fit my need or any
>suggestion can give.

I suggest writing your own "FramedSource" subclass - using the code
from the existing "ByteStreamFileSource" class as a model, to
implement the "doGetNextFrame()" virtual function (assume that
"READ_FROM_FILES_SYNCHRONOUSLY" is defined).  In your case - because
you're reading from frames stored in memory - it should be very
simple.  (Be sure to set "fPresentationTime" and
"fDurationInMicroseconds" for each frame.)