[Live-devel] rtp over http

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 1 02:09:58 PDT 2008

>hi,
>
>It seems like i'm not able anymore to receive rtp over http. While an
>older build of openRTSP receives data properly, a build with the
>latest source only results in empty files (audio-MPEG4-GENERIC-1 and
>video-MP4V-ES-2) and network traffic stopping almost directly after
>the session has been setup.
>I'm running MacOSX and receiving data from a Quicktime streaming
>server. The command I was using :
>
>./openRTSP -t rtsp://x.x.x.x/test.sdp

The "-t" option requests RTP-over-TCP, but using the RTSP TCP
connection - *not* HTTP.

To request RTP-over-HTTP (really, RTP-and-RTSP-over-HTTP), as used by
QuickTime Streaming Server (aka. Darwin Streaming Server), use
	"-T <http-port-number>"
(note, upper-case T), where <http-port-number> is usually 80 or 8000.