[Live-devel] Streaming from TV-Tuner Via Live

lodewijk lodewijk at waag.org
Wed Apr 2 01:24:25 PDT 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 5:01 AM, sanathkumar wrote:

> Hi
>     I refered to wis-streamer code which implements  a FramedSource
> for go7007 tv-tuner
>     I am using the live & wis-streamer on Windows XP service pack 2
>
>     I am attempting to build a Windows DirectShow filter which
> feeds video / audio frames to a custom
>    FramedSource which implements the readfile() which in turn gets
> framedata from the DirectShow filter
>     I am feeding my Filter from Microsoft MPEG-4 VKI Codec V3
> ( Output PIn shows type as MP43)
>
>     Even though I recve the data in Framed Source , when I connect
> using VLC nothing happens
>
>     Please I need some help in understanding - what format the
> frams should be fed using Framed Source ? Should be in Raw or any
> specific codec ?

I would say the format of the frames your FramedSource should deliver
depends on which Framer you use.
I've made a subclass of FramedSource which encodes MPEG4V frames
using Ffmpeg in the doGetNextFrame function. It feeds it frames to an
MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink and from then on i did about the same as in the
testMPEG4VideoStreamer test program.

in short:

RTPSink* videoSink = MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink::createNew
(*live555usageEnvironment, rtpGroupsock, 96);
MySubclassFramedSource* liveVideoSource =
MySubclassFramedSource::createNew(*live555usageEnvironment);  //
encodes the frames using FFMpeg
MPEG4VideoStreamFramer *videoFramer =
MPEG4VideoStreamFramer::createNew(*live555usageEnvironment,
live555VideoSource);

videoSink->startPlaying(*videoFramer, live555AfterPlayingFunc, NULL /
*clientData*/);