[Live-devel] Groupsock and non-socket communication?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 3 18:33:56 PDT 2008

>Has anyone looked into extending or replacing the Groupsock
>implementation?

Yes, it's on our 'to do' list (but I can't give an ETA).  The plan
will be to make network sockets 'source' or 'sink' objects, just like
most of the other objects defined by the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
libraries.  This will allow people to use virtual networks (including
network simulators) in place of real networks, if desired.  It will
also make it easier to support IPv6.

Again, this will be a lot of work, and unfortunately I can't estimate
when it's likely to happen.