[Live-devel] SIP and RTP with network cam

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 3 19:14:53 PDT 2008

>Im doing some research on a project to make a audio/video RTP stream
>with a networkcam as video-source (delivers a MotionJPEG stream) and a
>microphone as audio source. The stream has to be controlled by SIP
>commands.
>As far as I understood from the website and the mailing-lists it
>should all be possible with the Live555 library's?

Not without some work, unfortunately, because we don't have any SIP
server functionality in our libraries.  However, if your client can
use RTSP (rather than SIP), then you could do this using our existing
RTSP server implementation.

>And is it possible to do some audio editting (echo canceling,
>equalizing) in Live555? Or should i do this outside Live555?

We don't have any audio or video codec software, so this would need
to be written separately (but perhaps encapsulated as a LIVE555
"FramedFilter").