[Live-devel] Audio and Video Streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 4 01:00:42 PDT 2008

>I have two streams - one for audio and one for video. Is there is
>anything I have to do for synchronisation? Currently when I stream
>both of them, both audio and video appear with lot of jerks. Any
>suggestion?

1/ Make sure that the presentation times for each frame in the source
streams are accurate, and are aligned with 'wall clock' time (i.e.,
the time that you'd get by calling "gettimeofday()".
2/ Make sure that each "RTPSink" has a corresponding "RTCPInstance".
(If you're using our RTSP server implementation, then this happens
automatically.)