[Live-devel] how do we run run a live MPEG4 (aud/vid) RTP-over-http stream in VLC (live555)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 11 23:35:05 PDT 2008

Serious professionals do not use "@gmail.com" email addresses.

>The camera URL is http://66.92.219.93/

This will give you HTTP streaming, *not* RTSP.

Note that this URL works (with the given username, password) in
Firefox, and probably other web browsers also - when I click on the
"Single" tab.

>This is the command used in VLC
>'open network stream' and then 'http' command line
>
>http/m4v://user31:user32@66.92.219.93/rtpOverHttp?Url=nphMpeg4/g726-320x240

That will never work, because "http/m4v::// is not a valid URL prefix.

Note  that the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" libraries in VLC are used
only if a "rtsp://" URL is given.  Therefore, because you're using
HTTP, and not RTSP (not even RTSP-over-HTTP), this is not the right
mailing list for your question.  I don't know whether or not VLC will
be able to play your stream, but you will need to ask a VLC-specific
mailing list about this.