[Live-devel] Question on wmv streaming support

Saswat Praharaj saswat_praharaj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 18:03:37 PDT 2008

I am sure this question has been asked before. I tried to search for it in the archives but couldn't search.

Question is :

Why LIVE555 media server doesn't support streaming of wmv files ?
Is there any licensing/ legal issues involved here ?

I see that VLC supports wmv streaming and it uses live555 media server internally.

Could anyone tell me which files I need to change to support wmv streaming and how much
work is involved for this.

I would appreciate if someone gives me some pointers to start my work.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best Regards
Saswat

      Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/