[Live-devel] Scaling of the output stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 15 18:59:20 PDT 2008

>On 14/04/2008, Artem Goryunov
><<mailto:artemgoryunov at gmail.com>artemgoryunov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hello All!
>
>Live555 Server get input video (MPEG-2) with definition 720x576. Can
>Live555 Library change definition of the output stream?
>
>---
>Artem
>

>Excuse me for my English, I meant can Live55 Library change bitrate
>for output stream? Does Library use constant or variable bitrate?

The server streams data at its natural rate.  I.e., if the data is
coming from a file, then the server streams at the rate given by the
timestamps in the file.  If the data is coming from a live source,
then the server streams the data as it arrives from the source.

In other words, it is the data - not the server - that decides the
rate at which the data is streamed.