[Live-devel] VLC and stb don\'t play \"trick play\" streams

s_animal at aon.at s_animal at aon.at
Wed Apr 16 05:40:22 PDT 2008

hello ross,

as far as i know no stb, we use amino and adb, does rescan on pmt.
i think the best way to make it easier is to set vpid in trickplay to the value of original vpid.

br

siegfried

----- Original von:  Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>:

> >If you change the video pid in ts to 0xe0 then the indexer it will work.
>The problem is it use always vpid 0xe0 in case of trickplay and for speed 1
>the original vpid and amino doesn\'t read the pmt again.

This is very interesting.  Can anyone else (who\'s having problems
playing our \'trick play\' streams on an Amino STB) confirm this -
i.e., that changing the video pid to 0xE0 in the original TS file
solves the problem?

If this is true, then it should also be possible to solve the problem
by using the original TS file\'s video pid (instead of 0xE0) in the
generated \'trick play\' TS stream.  (It would be possible to change
the trick play generation code to take a desired video pid as
parameter.)

A better solution, though, would be to change the resulting TS stream
in some way so as to persuade the Amino STB to read the PMT for the
\'trick play\' stream (and then again when we go back to the normal 1x
stream).  Does anyone know if this is possible?