[Live-devel] Whereabouts of oss.wischip.com?

Ben West westbywest at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 10:39:59 PDT 2008

Apologies for delay in response.  Thread got buried in my reader.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
> >I am looking into the wis-streamer server application, in particular
>  >the effort required to add support for more video encoder devices.
>
>  I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here, because this
>  application is for one particular type of encoder device only -
>  namely, those that use the WIS GO7007 chip.

I am working on a streaming video development project, albeit one
based around another HW codec.  I'm looking at the wis-streamer code
for reference/inspiration/etc.  If porting the go7007 driver looks
feasible given the total developer attention span available, we'd like
to do that.

>  >  I
>  >see that wis-streamer depends on the WIS G07007 driver available from
>  >the (presently defunct) URL:
>  >http://oss.wischip.com/
>  >
>  >I read that WISChip was acquired by Micronas some time ago.  Are
>  >WISChip's open source drivers still available/maintained anywhere?
>
>  Unfortunately I don't know.  (If anyone finds this, please let us know.)

This appears to be another site with updated go7007 drivers.
http://nikosapi.org/wiki/index.php/WIS_Go7007_Linux_driver

I'm unsure if this site is the direct replacement for oss.wischip.org.

--
Ben West
westbywest at gmail.com
http://savetheinternet.org