[Live-devel] ts streaming for tdv

Mario R. Carro mcarro at threads-srl.com.ar
Wed Apr 23 13:48:58 PDT 2008

Hi, I recently started to explore the utilization of the Live555 library to
generate a DTV channel for a customer. Based on the
testMPEG2TransportStreamer and testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream demos I
developed a plugin for one of our apps that takes a playlist of TS or PS
clips and streams them in sequence (if its a PS clip is converted to TS
while is streamed). We are using RAW UDP streaming (using a BasicUDPSink).

The stream is taken by a SciAtl's DCM and sent to customers STBs (Arion's
AC-2410R, it seems). So far so good.

The problem is: At the STB side the video freezes for moments. Everything is
going OK and then the video freezes while the audio continues normally.
After a few seconds the video continues, jumping the current frame at that
moment. A VLC instance running on the same PC where the stream is produced
does not have that problem.

I know that my exposition of the problem has been absolutely vague, but
anyway I would be very grateful for any hint. As a first step I'm trying to
identify possible causes for this kind of problem. Sugerences regarding
where/what to look for would by great... Feel free to ask for any specifics
needed.

Thanks in advance,
MRC