[Live-devel] RTSP streaiming of mp3

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 23 14:52:01 PDT 2008

>Hi. I'm working on a streaming project; I need to stream mp3s.
>I got the live555 API and played with it; the streaming of mp3
>worked when I streamed on a local LAN
>from Mac to Mac or from PC to Mac. However, I cannot get it to work,
>when I stream from a remote computer (freebsd or linux box in the
>USA) to the Mac or PC in germany.

You may have a firewall somewhere that is blocking RTP/UDP packets.

Either fix your firewall, or else request RTP-over-TCP streaming.  I
forget how you do this in "MPlayer" (but if you were to use VLC
instead, then it automatically requests RTP-over-TCP streaming if it
doesn't receive ant RTP/UDP packets within a few seconds).