[Live-devel] How to get RTP packets

Renjith renjithv at pivotsys.com
Sun Apr 27 23:02:28 PDT 2008

Hi Ross,
When i changed the code like this

if (strcmp(fProtocolName, "UDP") == 0) {
on line 656 of "MediaSession.cpp" to
	if (True) {

the MultiFramedRTPSource class is not executed. Now it using the
BasicUDPSource class. I just create a file inside the
void BasicUDPSource::incomingPacketHandler1()
and gets the packets. But i am not sure this file contains exact packets
and this is the suitable place for create a file.

If i do not make change in the line 656 of MediaSession.cpp then
MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp will be execute. If i create a file inside the
networkReadHandler(), do i get the packets?

If i do not make any change in the line 656 of  MediaSession.cpp, then
the MultiFramedRTPSource class is executing. Both the
BasicUDPSource.cpp and MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp has doGetNextFrame().
If i changed the line 656 then BasicUDPSource.cpp is called else
MultiFramedRTPSource.cpp is called. But i can't understand the flow of
execution. Can you please tell me what happend here and in which class i
create a file for getting the packets?

Thanks,
Renjith