[Live-devel] I am new to LIVE555..

manas lenka manas_ec007in at yahoo.co.in
Wed Apr 30 06:50:09 PDT 2008

Hi
Ross,

SORRY to disturb you.
I am an Mtech student. I am new to the live555 media server. I am sending mails to the open mailing lists but unfortunately nobody is giving me reply.

 I am trying to build an video telephony software in Ti's Davinci board which has sparate software encoder and decoder.

Q1:I want to capture and encode both video and audio and stream it to another end and receive RTP packets from the other end and  decode and play it. So whether I have to run two RSTP programmes ie. both server and client ? . Can't I do this in a single programme.

Q2: I went through the  test programme . I found that we can play only mpeg1 audio and video together. Can't I use mpeg4 and mp2 audio together and also stream them together.

Q3: Is the live555 media server takes care of packet losses in the network and synchronization between the sender and receiver when both are sending in either directions. Or  I have to write my own code to do that.

Q4: The  encoder  put the  encoded  video and  audio  data in two separate file and the decoder can take video and audio data from two separate files. If this is my case can I implement the live555 programe for my purpose effortlessly as it can take the files as input and output..

Give some clues so that  i can proceed with live555.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Hoping  some helpful suggestions this time..

THANKS
 IN ADVANCE
MANAS KUMAR,
MTECH student, CEDT ,IISC, BANGALORE,INDIA