[Live-devel] BasicTaskScheduler is not handling err 10038

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Apr 30 18:01:37 PDT 2008

>Windows error 10038 is "WSAENOTSOCK", and typically happens when an
>application is trying to do some socket operation on non-socket or the
>socket that has already been closed, (at least that's my
>understanding..)
>I was getting this error, from the line in the BasicTaskScheduler.cpp
>(build 2008-04-03)
>
>      int err = WSAGetLastError();  // err = 10038
>
>And it only happens when RTSP server tries to delete clientSession due
>to livenessTimeout, (it doesn't happen when session gets closed by
>TEARDOWN request).

That's odd, because - in each case - the "RTSPClientSession"
destructor will get called, and this should be removing its socket
from the set of active sockets, via the call to
	envir().taskScheduler().turnOffBackgroundReadHandling(fClientSocket);
on line 271 of "RTSPServer.cpp".

So I wonder why this isn't working for you.

Please let us know if you can find out anything more about this issue.