[Live-devel] Live streaming with DeviceSource

Борис Казаков boris.kazakov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 02:40:32 PDT 2008

Hello,
    I'm trying to stream  MPEG Video Elementary Stream encoded with ffmpeg
using live.  I've written a subclass of FramedSource based on the directions
given in DeviceSource. I'm showing video sequence and streaming it at the
same time. I encode data into sequence of buffers and then pass this buffers
into my subclass.   Everything works relatively fine. I'm only confused with
the fact that when I'm passing buffers with the frame rate  greater or equal
than the frame rate of the encoded mpeg, everything works fine, but when the
rate of passing buffers is lower that the frame rate of encoded mpeg, VLC
plays several frames and than freezes. Why might this happen?  (In my
subclass I use  gettimeofday(&fPresentationTime, NULL) to set  presentation
time).

Best regards,
Boris Kazakov.