[Live-devel] Live555 injector->setDestination()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 7 03:25:08 PDT 2008

>But I am getting this error. I don't understand what is the problem,
>if somebody has encountered similar type of problem then reply us
>and let us know how you have resolved the issue.
>

>injector->setDestination() failed: cannot handle ANNOUNCE response:
>RTSP/1.0 412
>
>  Precondition Failed

This error is coming from the Darwin server - i.e., it's not a
problem with the LIVE555 software.

The error might mean that you don't have write access to the Darwin
server - I'm not sure....

(Note also that we have our own RTSP server implementation, so you
really don't need to be using a separate Darwin Streaming Server.)