[Live-devel] green screen at the start of MPEG4 stream reception

Shiva Shankar N nshamshiva at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:07:25 PDT 2008

Hi Ross,

*" To avoid this, use unicast streaming, using "testOnDemandRTSPServer", or
"live555MediaServer". *"

please can you explain us how different is *"testOnDemandRTSPServer", or
"live555MediaServer"  *with *testMPEG4VideoStreamer   *in using to  reduce
or avoid green screen.

I have given below the reason for this green screen and i think it cannot be
avoided. If i am wrong let know.

It has so happen that session with server has started after  Key frame
(I-frame)  is sent & he as missed it . When the session starts it will be
downloading only p-frame without Key-frames in which case there is No
reference frame for these P-frame to do motion compensation and this green
screen is nothing but motion estimation. You can reduce this green screen
period by reducing the GOV(group of videos) or GOP (group of picture) size
at the server side in camera settings.

P.S : GOP or GOV -  Number of P-frames between 2 consecutive I-frames(Key
frames).

with regards
shiv