[Live-devel] MPEG4VideoStreamParser + marker bit not set!.

???????? ??????? iskaz at intracomdefense.com
Thu Aug 21 13:43:19 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I try to program a video streamer for the MPEG4000XLP (a  4-Channel
MPEG4 Encoder/Decoder for PC104+, http://ampltd.com/prod/mpeg4kxlp.html
) with help of the live media SDK.

For the program base structure I have used the test program
"testMPEG4VideoStreamer"  of live555 testFiles. The core change that I
made is that I set in function void play()

videoSource = MPEG4VideoStreamFramer::createNew(*env, _inputSource_);

where _inputSource_ defined as _DeviceSourceMPG4K* inputSource_;

where _DeviceSourceMPG4K_ a class based on the _DeviceSource_ file which
was suggested according to the FAQ:

"Alternatively, if your encoder presents you with a sequence of frames,
rather than a sequence of bytes, then a more efficient solution would be
to write your own "FramedSource
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/classFramedSource.html>"
subclass that encapsulates your encoder, and delivers audio or video
frames directly to the appropriate "*RTPSink" object. This avoids the
need for an intermediate 'framer' filter that parses the input byte
stream. (If, however, you are streaming MPEG-4 or MPEG-2 video with "B"
frames, then you should include the appropriate "*/Discrete/Framer"
filter, in order to generate correct presentation times.)

For a model of how to do that, see "liveMedia/DeviceSource.cpp
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/DeviceSource_8cpp-source.html>"
(and "liveMedia/include/DeviceSource.hh
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/DeviceSource_8hh-source.html>").
You will need to fill in parts of this code to do the actual read from
your encoder. "

It works, but when I run the program I get the following continuous
message :

MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code 0x1b2
MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!
MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code 0x1b2
MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!.
.MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code 0x1b2
MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!

And by the mplayer I see an almost clear Video with some breaks in its
flow. What I am doing wrong? How can I set the marker bit ???

Thank you all in advanced,
Ioannis Skazikis.

Also the mplayer outputs:

MPlayer 1.0-1.rc2.10mdv2008.1-4.2.2 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (Family: 15, Model: 4, Stepping: 1)
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote
control.

Playing rtsp://172.18.5.175:8554/testStream.
Resolving 172.18.5.175 for AF_INET6...
Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: 172.18.5.175
Connecting to server 172.18.5.175[172.18.5.175]: 8554...
rtsp_session: unsupported RTSP server. Server type is 'unknown'.
STREAM_LIVE555, URL: rtsp://172.18.5.175:8554/testStream
Stream not seekable!
 file format detected.
Initiated "video/MP4V-ES" RTP subsession on port 18888
VIDEO:  [mp4v]  0x0  0bpp  0.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)
xscreensaver_disable: Could not find XScreenSaver window.
No value set for `/apps/gnome-screensaver/idle_activation_enabled'
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
Audio: no sound
FPS forced to be 100.000  (ftime: 0.010).
Starting playback...
Marker bit missing before time_increment
VDec: vo config request - 720 x 576 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.25:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 720x576 => 720x576 Planar YV12  [zoom]
[mpeg4 @ 0x8898c90]warning: first frame is no keyframe
[mpeg4 @ 0x8898c90]ac-tex damaged at 20 8
[mpeg4 @ 0x8898c90]Error at MB: 388
[mpeg4 @ 0x8898c90]concealing 1295 DC, 1295 AC, 1295 MV errors
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
Marker bit missing before time_increment
[mpeg4 @ 0x8898c90]ac-tex damaged at 44 2
[mpeg4 @ 0x8898c90]Error at MB: 136
[mpeg4 @ 0x8898c90]concealing 1535 DC, 1535 AC, 1535 MV errors
Marker bit missing before time_increment