[Live-devel] MPEG4VideoStreamParser + marker bit not set!.

James Stafford jstafford at ampltd.com
Thu Aug 21 06:38:14 PDT 2008

Hi Ioannis,

> I try to program a video streamer for the MPEG4000XLP (a  4-Channel
> MPEG4 Encoder/Decoder for PC104+,
> http://ampltd.com/prod/mpeg4kxlp.html ) with help of the live media SDK.
>

> It works, but when I run the program I get the following continuous
> message :
>
> MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code
> 0x1b2
> MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!
> MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code
> 0x1b2
> MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!.
> .MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): Saw unexpected code
> 0x1b2
> MPEG4VideoStreamParser::parseVideoObjectPlane(): marker bit not set!

The MPEG4000XLP adds a user data packet to the end of each MPEG4 video
frame passed into the video callback chain.
Players such as VLC don't tend to like this user frame and so our RTSP
streaming SDK (VStream SDK) removes it before passing the data into the
Live555 libraries.

The user start code (0x000001b2) is followed by an unsigned long that
contains an ID (0x414d5050). The next unsigned long contains the size of
the user frame (including start code,  ID and size).

--
James Stafford

Advanced Micro Peripherals Ltd
Unit 1