[Live-devel] Recording an mp2 rtp stream for playback by Live555 media server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 1 17:05:49 PST 2008

>Given video encoded as mpeg2 transported over RTP from a Vbrick
>appliance ( model 9110-4200), we need to record data as a series of
>mpege2 TS chapter files of fixed duration that may subsequently be
>played back using Live555 media server.  We hope to support trick
>mode, as well.
>
>Before realizing that the Vbrick mp2 appliance does not apparently
>support RTSP ( although their mpeg4 device does) we had thought to
>use OpenRTSP as a ( nearly complete) starting point for recording.

If your server doesn't support RTSP, then there seems to be little
point in using "openRTSP" as a model for your client, because RTSP is
most of what "openRTSP" does.

Instead, you can just use "testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver" as a model.
Just use a "SimpleRTPSource" instead of a "MPEG1or2VideoRTPSource".
See line 751 of "liveMedia/MediaSession.cpp" for an example of how to
use this.