[Live-devel] timeout after 1 min

venugopalpaikr venugopalpaikr at tataelxsi.co.in
Fri Dec 5 01:01:26 PST 2008

Hi everybody,
	      We have extended the Live555 code to support HTTP tunneling and we
have been able to succesfully stream data. But exactly after a minute the
server terminates the connection. We have been trying to analyze the prob
but in vain.
-> We have set the reclamation time to 0 seconds to avoid timeout. Yet this
happens. We increased it to 30 sec nd noticed that the server times out
after 30 sec but if we increase it greater than 60 the server still times
out at 60 sec. Is there any solution to avoid this?
As tunneling uses HTTP, is the timeout happening bcoz the default timeout in
tcp stack is 60 sec? If so where in the code do we change to avoid this.

I have to set the socket to nonblocking mode.

Please help.
Thanks.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.