[Live-devel] Fw: Trouble with openRTSP

Jacob G. Stich Stich_Jacob_G at cat.com
Fri Dec 5 07:18:14 PST 2008

Hello,
I've compiled and installed the live555 library and openRTSP client test
program. I am trying to get the client program to save a real-time RTSP
stream to a data file. I have tried all the options I could think of for
running the application, but I just can't figure out why the resultant
file won't play on my PC. I'm running it on OpenSUSE 10.3. I have passed
the following options to the program

./openRTSP -w 704 -h 576 -f 25 rtsp://192.168.0.62

When I run it,....a file appears in the same directory called
video-MP4V-ES-1 and there aren't any errors returned on the console. I
have attached the console output up to the point where its reading the
stream.

After I kill the program by going to another terminal and running kill
-HUP 8472 (or whatever the process id is), the program terminates
successfully and the teardown completes,...but I can't figure out how to
replay the video file that was created. The RTSP stream is a MPEG4 stream,
so I tried playing it as is and after adding a .mp4 file extension, but it
won't play in VLC media player or Kaffeine. Can anyone help me out? I have
also attaced the video file in case there's some information you can gleam
from it?

Thanks,

Jacob Stich
Caterpillar Electronics and Controls - T&SD
Tech Center - E
14009 Old Galena Rd
Mossville, IL 61552 USA
Office: 309-675-1282