[Live-devel] Modify OpenRTSP to record RTP stream from VLC (simulating MPEG2 VBRICK)?

mike cravens mrcravens at verizon.net
Fri Dec 12 09:42:09 PST 2008

Pardon me if I'm repeating a topic.

To record ( to a file ) an RTP stream sent by VLC into a mpeg2 TS file,
should I start with OpenRTSP and change out some classes? ( Which ones?)

Or can it play RTP only sessions as is?

I'm looking for a very quick success in reading  and saving to an
mpg2.ts file an RTP stream (unicast) by VLC.

Following this success, we can repent at leisure and follow all the
pretty doxygen graphics to a more optimal approach and more complete
understanding of this rich featured ecosystem.

We're also curious about what we will need to do about session
descriptors.  I do notice that vlc will send an SAP on command.  We also
have captured some sample descriptions off the wire when streaming from
live555 RTSP server that might be a starting place, but there are sure
to be fields that change.

We hope to come up the curve and be genuine contributors to the project
if we can survive a quick paced demonstration of feasibility in a few days.

Regards,

Mike Cravens