[Live-devel] MPEG2-TS: Error in Position Info

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 1 23:20:55 PST 2008

>Is there any doc/info on how the position info is computed from the
>transport stream in live555.

I don't know what you mean by "position info".

>  Btw fyi, I did use a debugger to find
>that the MPEG2TransportStreamFramer.cpp is used by VLC for
>RTSP/mpeg2-ts sessions

You are mistaken.  VLC (when used as a RTSP client) uses the code in
the "modules/demux/live555.cpp" file to interface with the "LIVE555
Streaming Media" libraries.  That code does not use
"MPEG2TransportStreamFramer" at all.  Instead, VLC uses its own
decoding code to parse the MPEG Transport Stream data (for PCR
timestamps, etc.).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>