[Live-devel] new config for bfin-linux-uclibc targets

Mike Frysinger vapier.adi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 19:18:32 PST 2008

On Feb 15, 2008 10:06 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
> >  >  What is the intended difference between "bfin-linux-uclibc" (which
> >>   you provided) and "bfin-uclinux"
> >
> >the two toolchains produce different binary object formats.
>
> OK, thanks for the explanation.  My next question, then is: Are those
> the best names?  Will it be obvious to a prospective developer what
> the difference is between "bfin-linux-uclibc" and "bfin-uclinux"?  If
> not, then can you suggest clearer names?

the tuples exactly match the toolchains.  so if people are not
familiar with those two tuples, they arent familiar with compiling for
the Blackfin processor :)

they also wont be mixing the two toolchains as any attempt to do so
will result in a link error

so the short answer: there are no better names :)
-mike