[Live-devel] Axis camera

Sigismondo Boschi s.boschi at totalwire.it
Wed Feb 20 06:38:50 PST 2008

Ferruccio Fiorucci wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use the openrtsp program in order to connect to an Axis
> camera ( axis 207 ) unsuccesful!!!
> All seems to go well, I sand to camera all the right commands (
> DESCRIBE, PLAY, and so on..) but when i can see in the shell "Receiving
> streamed data", I cant save the data in a file.
> The program creates the file, but it's empty ( its dimension is 30 Byte ).
> The parameters I use are:
>
> openRTSP -d 10 -S 54 -n -F prova rtsp://192.168.3.140/mpeg4/media.amp

Hi,
I can do it successfully, with an Axis camera. However I have slightly
different options (maybe older/newer version... openRTSP.exe -e 10 -F
test rtsp://192.168.0.42/mpeg4/media.amp ). Be careful with firewalls (I
mean Windows or Linux ones), because the client is working as an UDP
server. Try with the "-t" option - it lets the RTP communication take
place over the estabilished TCP connection.

Ciao,
    Sigismondo

Sigismondo Boschi, PhD                     TotalWire S.r.l.
s.boschi at totalwire.it                      http://www.totalwire.it
cell: +39 346 7911896                      tel:  +39 051 302696