[Live-devel] My MPEG4 Source does not make MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink set marker bits.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 27 21:40:35 PST 2008

>Hi, I'm streaming MPEG4 and use FFMPEG library to encode MPEG4 frames
>from my own live source.

>This means I should instead subclass MPEG4VideoStreamFramer and set the
>pictureEndMarker everytime I have a complete frame?

No, because the parser in "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer" should
automatically do that for you.  If your input is a byte stream,
containing MPEG-4 Elementary Stream Video frames, then you don't need
to write any new parsing code; "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer" will do it
all for you.

However, if your encoding library is generating one frame at a time,
rather than a byte stream, then it will be more efficient for you to
use "MPEG4VideoStreamDiscreteFramer" (taking as input one frame at a
time) rather than "MPEG4VideoStreamFramer".