[Live-devel] Attach sink to multiple sources

Etienne Bömcke Etienne.Bomcke at uclouvain.be
Fri Feb 29 08:48:04 PST 2008

Hello,

My name's Etienne Bömcke and I'm a PhD. student in a belgian
university. I'm working currently on a software using the liveMedia
streaming library, and I've been confronted to a problem I can't solve
by myself for now. So I thought I could post the problem here and ask
for your opinion.
Here's the thing :
I have videos encoded using the H.264 codec which I'd like to stream
with the liveMedia library. These videos are encoded in a specific way
(using custom-defined slices) in order to allow one to replace
completely a part of the sequence by a whole different video ("part"
is used here in its spatial meaning, not temporal. For example
consider a 176x144 pixels sized sequence, the objective would be to
remove a bottom chunk, let's say the last 77 lines, and replace it by
a 176x77 pixels sized sequence). The given replacement is achieved by
switching parts of the sequence bitstream, i.e. without any decoding
process.
As the original sequence comes from a streaming server, and the
replacement should be done inside the software using liveMedia, I was
wondering if it was theoretically possible to design a custom Sink
class, which instances could be attached to various sources. I'm new
to this library, you'll have to forgive me if my question is stupid or
has already been answered many times, I just couldn't find any
information about that specific problem anywhere.

Any feedback will be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Etienne

--
Etienne Bömcke