[Live-devel] Unicast streaming over the Internet using LIVE555

Nikhil Naik nikhiln at paxit.com
Wed Jan 2 15:25:03 PST 2008

Hi Ross,

I have developed a RTSP Server and I can get it to stream just fine

over the LAN. However when I try to stream over the internet, I see a

connection but do not see an image come through. I can send commands

to and fro. I can see the DESCRIBE, SETUP, PLAY and TEARDOWN pass just

fine.

Any idea what might be going on?  Any suggestions on setting up unicast

streaming, since I have a feeling maybe I might not be getting it to stream

Unicast and Multicast does not work for me with an external IP. Currently I

am setting char* sessionAddressStr = "0.0.0.0"; as explained in post below,

to force it to go unicast. Do I need to set different ports for unicast?

http://www.livecaster.com/liveMedia/doxygen/html/testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver_8
cpp.html

Also a point to not is that I m on Windows Vista OS and if this might in

any way be blocking anything (I have all firewalls turned OFF).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Nikhil