[Live-devel] Unicast streaming over the Internet using LIVE555

Nikhil Naik nikhiln at paxit.com
Thu Jan 3 12:28:17 PST 2008

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your speedy reply. Yes I have tried using those two and they work
just fine with saved files.
However I m trying to stream a live source and am setting up a RTSP Server
using Groupsock class.

My current setup works just fine for Multicast on the LAN (as expected).

However when trying to allow Muti-unicast over the Internet

I set:   		    ReceivingInterfaceAddr =
our_inet_addr("0.0.0.0");

Then I call:
                      sms->addSubsession(PassiveServerMediaSubsession
		                      ::createNew(*sessionState.sink));

Finally before startPlaying I call:

sessionState.rtpGroupsock->addDestination(unicastAddress, newrtpPort);

sessionState.rtcpGroupsock->addDestination(unicastAddress, newrtcpPort);

Based on the comment in the Groupsock class I assume that the ports have to
be different for Unicast.

I saw a note in one of your previous posts which talks about: SDP
description should contain the
special address 0.0.0.0, not a specific Unicast address.

Now should this be done using "setServerAddressAndPortForSDP" on the
ServerMediaSubsession, if yes
Then would this call follow addSubsession or addDestination.

Once again thanks for all the help and guidance, any help in this matter
would be extremely helpful.

Sincerely,

Nikhil.