[Live-devel] Lot of late pictures skipped by VLC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 9 07:59:00 PST 2008

>In wireshark, the servers seems to send RTP/UDP packets correctly, with
>consequential timestamps.
>Anyways, it seems the UDP checksum value is not correct.

UDP checksumming is done inside the OS, not by any user-level
software (like ours).

>But the strange thing is that when I stream - with the same (slightly
>modified) liveMedia server - the same exact frames stored in a file
>(acquired the same way, encoded the same way, saved in a regular file),
>vlc magically plays it perfectly, with no frame skipped.

That's good; you have something similar that works.

I suggest that you begin by using "openRTSP" as your client, rather
than VLC.  That way, you will be able to save the incoming data into
a file, and examine it.

>Or maybe it is something about concurrent threading?

I hope you have read the FAQ entry about threads.