[Live-devel] Audio and Video Synchronization Streaming

Guy Bonneau gbonneau at matrox.com
Thu Jan 10 07:17:48 PST 2008

Hello,

I developed a testing application using LiveMedia to multicast a live Audio
and Video feed. Video is compressed to an Mpeg elementary stream and Audio
is PCM 2 channels 16 bits sampled at 48000 Hz. I am using VLC and SMPlayer
as a client that receive the streams. When audio or video is streamed alone
over IP then VLC and SMPlayer both play fine the stream. However when I
stream both audio and video together I ran into synchronization problem and
both VLC and SMPlayer drop either the video and or audio stream. And
playback become jerky.

I suspect that I might have missing something when initializing LiveMedia in
a context of playing a mixed bag of audio and video stream together. Any
hints where I should pay attention to keep both stream synchronized.

Thanks

Guy Bonneau