[Live-devel] Possible bug in liveMedia + info request about H263 / H263plus compatibility

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 10 12:06:05 PST 2008

>  > I suggest that you first get your server to stream from a file
>>  (containing pre-encoded H.263 video data).  Only once you have that
>>  working properly, should you move to the more difficult step of
>>  streaming from a live encoder.
>
>Did it right now: server sends the prerecorded H263 raw file, and
>openRTSP receives it.
>
>It's still running, because the server sends a single frame (rtp
>packets + last marked packet) exactly every 8 seconds:

The problem here is that the timestamp data in your H.263 data is
(somehow) telling our server that it needs to delay 8 seconds between
each frame.  In particular, something in your data is causing the
calculation of "fPresentationTime" (in
"H263plusVideoStreamFramer.cpp", line 113) to get set incorrectly.
In particular, the setting of the "currentDuration" 'out' parameter
in the call to "H263plusVideoStreamParser::parse()" (in
"H263plusVideoStreamParser.cpp", line 82) is incorrect.

You will need to figure our what about your data is causing the
parsing to fail.  (It is also not inconceivable that our parsing code
is in error; if so, let is know.)

>What can the problem be? Also the timestamps of RTP packet seemp to
>reflect this gap. It's like the server is trying to send 0.125 (1/8)
>frames per second.

Yes, because that's what your data is telling our code.

>Did you ever try to send H263 instead H263plus data with liveMedia?

Yes.  It works just fine (if the source data is OK).