[Live-devel] [Resolved] info request about H263 / H263plus compatibility

Cristiano Belloni belloni at imavis.com
Fri Jan 11 08:37:29 PST 2008

Cristiano Belloni wrote:
>> You will need to figure our what about your data is causing the
>> parsing to fail.  (It is also not inconceivable that our parsing code
>> is in error; if so, let is know.)
>>

> Good. I'll go for it and hopefully let the list know what went wrong.
> Thanks for your help!

At last, I maneged figured out the problem.

Using ffmpeg to encode H263 frames, I tought I should have to send only
the raw encoded frames, with no format information.
So I encoded the frames with ffmpeg's avcodec_encode_video and copied
the encoded buffer into the fifo. With raw MPG4 it works.

Turns out that with H263 I need also the ffmpeg's "raw H263 format"
(format id string = 'h263') information to be put in the encoded frames
in order to make them valid.

Now, I encode H263 frames with ffmpeg codec id = 'h263' and format id =
'h263' and the whole thing seems to work - even @ 25 fps on a mobile phone.

I hope this will be useful to ffmpeg and live555 future users.

Thanks Ross for your answers.

Regards,

--
Belloni Cristiano