[Live-devel] Quicktime player with Live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 15 23:59:25 PST 2008

>I want to play streaming MPEG4 video (using Live555) on the quick
>time player. From the ethereal logs it appears that Quicktime is
>able to exchange SDP with the streamer but it is unable to play the
>video. I see the timer ticking on the player but no video at all.
>Has someone done this integration in past?

It works fine.  If you're having problems, it might be because the
version (profile) of MPEG-4 video that you're using doesn't match
that which QuickTime Player understands.

You could also try using VLC as a client.

See <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/m4e/> for some examples
of MPEG-4 Elementary Stream Video (".m4e") files that can be streamed
- by "live555MediaServer" - to either VLC or QuickTime Player.