[Live-devel] about mpeg4 stream project

Lin.Dong at quixotecorp.com Lin.Dong at quixotecorp.com
Thu Jan 17 15:02:37 PST 2008

Hi Ross and all,

Thank you for your advice.

I did some simulation tests today as you advised (
your-reader-application | testOnDemandRTSPServer),
but somehow I did get stream video success, the VLC player could not get
any data from my application.

the first thing I did was I changed testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp as you
advised, when I run the program, I did see "stream from the file "stdin"
"  came out on my screen, I think this program has no problem; The real
problem might come from my "your-reader-application.c". In this program,
I read a mpeg4 data file to my internal buffer and then I write these
data to "stdout".

I used
strIn = fopen("test.m4e", "rb") to open a stream io;
and fread(buf, sizeof(unsigned char), 1024*1024, strIn) to get data in
my buffer;

I check the data in the buffer, they are OK.

I used a couple of "c" functions to send data out, such as
fprinf(stdout, "%x", data) and fwrite( &data, sizeof(unsigned char),
data_size)......
but none of them make the program working. I think the data type may be
wrong from my first program to sendcond program.

I guess the type of data sending to "stdout" is binary, and next
program's "stdin" will read binary data too. some how I do not know how
to make the "stdout" as a binary stream io. In window program, I can use
_setmode() to change stream io property.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Lin Dong
Quixote Corp.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
<mailto:live-devel%40lists.live555.com?Subject=%5BLive-devel%5D%20about%
20mpeg4%20stream%20project&In-Reply-To=41E16D542244C24F97752590527EF9BB0
1FD9A92%40flsv1065.pal.quixote.prv>
Thu Jan 10 13:39:40 PST 2008