[Live-devel] RTSP Client subclassing questions.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 18 16:59:33 PST 2008

>  > I'm saying that you might not need to write any new (sub)classes at
>>  all.  Can you tell me some more about what your data looks like -
>>  i.e., what video codec are you using, and how is the data different
>>  from the standard?
>>
>It's MPEG-4 data, 1440 bytes a packet.

MPEG-4 frames are variable-length, and so cannot always be 1440 bytes
in length.

It sounds like you are trying to implement your own (nonstandard) RTP
payload format - therefore I'm not able to help you.  However, if you
still wish to proceed down this route, then you will need to (i)
implement your own subclass of "MultiFramedRTPSink" for transmitting
your payload format.  And then, because your payload format won't be
understandable by any standard client, you will also need to (ii)
implement your own subclass of "MultiFramedRTPSource" for receiving
your data, and use it to implement your own client.  At this point
you're on your own.  Good luck.