[Live-devel] RTSP Client subclassing questions.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 22 05:52:10 PST 2008

>Ok, let's say the cam sends me a pure MPEG4 stream, with no custom headers:
>
>1) Is there a way to set up a function that's called every time an RTP
>packet is received?

Yes - it already exists, in the implementation of the
"MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource" class: i.e., in the implementation of the RTP
payload format for MPEG-4 video.  Note, in particular, the
"MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource::processSpecialHeader()" function.

>2) If there is, will the packtes be in order (i.e. function for packet n
>is called _after_ function for packet n-1 and _before_ packet n+1)?

Yes - when that function is called, the incoming RTP packets will
have already been sorted into order (based on RTP sequence number).

>3) Is there a way to set up a function that's called every time an RTP
>frame  is received?

Note that the "getNextFrame()" function returns complete frames
(regardless of how many incmong RTP packets made up the frame).
Therefore, the 'after getting' function that you pass as a parameter
to "your_RTP_source->getNextFrame()" will get called each time a
frame is received.