[Live-devel] Caching in Live555 streaming server

Alkassoum Ahmoud aahmoud at paraxip.com
Tue Jan 29 06:53:37 PST 2008

Hi all,

I'm using Live555 server in a sip media server application in order to
stream on demand media on SIP calls under windows.

I'm wondering if there is any caching in live555 server??!!! If yes how does
it work??!!

I mean, if for example I issue a DESCRIBE request for a file named a.wav for
example will that file be kept in a cached memory and be loaded from that
cache for the next DESCRIBE request on that file, or will the file be loaded
from the disk for each DESCRIBE request on it??!!

I'm asking myself about caching on live555 server because for CPU usage
matter.

Thanks, Alkassoum

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:51 AM