[Live-devel] Mpeg Audio missing or corrupted in MPEG-2 Transport Stream or seperate sreams

Eric Pheatt eric.pheatt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 13:35:47 PST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 9:27 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> >Where should I look to figure out what I need to do to possibly stream
> >mpeg2 video and pcm audio in a transport stream?
>
> I don't believe that PCM audio can be included in a Transport Stream
> (at least, not in any standard way that a receiver is likely to understand).

I have a couple of DVD that have LPCM tracks so I had hoped that was a
logical step....

Oh well.

This tidbit got lost in the thread but ulaw is correctly output if I
change in WISInput::initALSA from AFMT_S16_LE to AFMT_S16_BE and in
Options.hh the define for PCM_AUDIO_IS_LITTLE_ENDIAN from 1 to 0 to
prevent endian issues with those formats.

Do you or anyone have a suggestion on how to better defect the correct
setting for the host machine for these on compile?
Is anyone else on the using live555 to server/encode content from a
Big Endian machine?

Thanks,
Eric