[Live-devel] Regarding Libraries

Aravind K aravind.account at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:50:38 PST 2008

Hello friends,
I am a novice and developing a small web server to stream MP3 data.I tried
to link and compile the testMP3streamer.cpp .I included all the header files
and library files.But getting the following linker error.searched in a lot
of forums,but no answer.I m using VC++ 6.0.Can someone please tell me what
the error maybe and how I can resolve it.
The problem has to be with me.But please help me.

ERROR :
Linking...
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class RTCPInstance * __cdecl RTCPInstance::createNew(class
UsageEnvironment &,class Groupsock *,unsigned int,unsigned char const
*,class RTPSink *,class RTPSource const
*,unsigned int)" (?createNew at RTCPInstance@@SAPAV1 at AAVUsageEnvironment
@@PAVGroupsock@@IPBEPAVRTPSink@@PBVRTPSource@@I at Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_gethostname at 8
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink * __cdecl
MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink::createNew(class UsageEnvironment &,class Groupsock *)"
(?createNew at MPEG1or2AudioRTPSink@@SAPAV1 at AAVUsageEnviro
nment@@PAVGroupsock@@@Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall Groupsock::Groupsock(class UsageEnvironment &,struct in_addr
const &,class Port,unsigned char)" (??0Groupsock@@QAE at AAVUsageEnvironment
@@ABUin_addr@@VPort@@E at Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
__thiscall Port::Port(unsigned short)" (??0Port@@QAE at G@Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_our_inet_addr
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class BasicUsageEnvironment * __cdecl
BasicUsageEnvironment::createNew(class TaskScheduler &)"
(?createNew at BasicUsageEnvironment@@SAPAV1 at AAVTaskScheduler@@@Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class BasicTaskScheduler * __cdecl
BasicTaskScheduler::createNew(void)" (?createNew at BasicTaskScheduler@@
SAPAV1 at XZ)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
unsigned int __thiscall MediaSink::startPlaying(class MediaSource &,void
(__cdecl*)(void *),void *)" (?startPlaying at MediaSink@@QAEIAAVMediaSource@@
P6AXPAX at Z1@Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static class MP3FileSource * __cdecl MP3FileSource::createNew(class
UsageEnvironment &,char const *)" (?createNew at MP3FileSource@@
SAPAV1 at AAVUsageEnvironment@@PBD at Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public:
static void __cdecl Medium::close(class Medium *)"
(?close at Medium@@SAXPAV1@@Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class
DelayInterval __cdecl operator*(short,class DelayInterval const &)"
(??D at YA?AVDelayInterval@@FABV0@@Z)
testMP3Streamer.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class
DelayInterval const DELAY_SECOND" (?DELAY_SECOND@@3VDelayInterval@@B)
LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_WinMain at 16
Debug/MP3Streamer.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 14 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

MP3Streamer.exe - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Thank You
Aravind