[Live-devel] server-initiated messages in RTSP client

Charles R. Hordis chordis at getwellnetwork.com
Wed Jul 2 17:51:52 PDT 2008

I'm looking for a way to handle server-initiated RTSP messages such as
GET_PARAMETER in VLC using Live555 for it's RTSP client.  As far as I can
tell from looking at the code, Live555 only handles server responses, but I
could easily have missed something among the the client-initiated
GET_PARAMETER code.

Does Live555 client handle any server-initiated messages?

If it does, could you point me to some of the code that handles it?

If it doesn't, are there any hints you could give me about where I could start
on implementing it?

Thanks,
Charles Hordis

P.S.	It's an RTSP standard.  (RFC2326, sec 1.1, "Both an RTSP server and
client can issue requests.", in the list of differences from HTTP; also see
GET_PARAMETER example).

--
GetWellNetwork, Inc.
Charles Hordis * Senior Software Engineer
chordis at getwellnetwork.com
www.getwellnetwork.com