[Live-devel] Proper cleanup of live555 instances

Silvain Beriault silvain.beriault at larus.com
Thu Jul 3 13:09:04 PDT 2008

Hello,

I have written an application similar to testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer.cpp
but within a larger application. Therefore, I need to perform some
cleanup to avoid memory leaks.

Here is what I currently allocate (in that same order):

TaskScheduler *scheduler;
BasicUsageEnvironment *env;
RTPSink *sink;
RTCPInstance *rtcp;
FramedSource *framedSource;

here is currently how I currently cleanup:

sink->stopPlaying();
Medium::close(framedSource);
Medium::close(sink); <== crashes
env->reclaim();

Here are my questions:

1. Overall what should be the full cleanup sequence for that example?

2. Do I need to "delete scheduler" or env->reclaim() does that

3. Why Medium::close(sink) crashes? (is it already being cleaned up by
Medium::close(framedSource) ?)

4. How to cleanup RTCPInstance ?

Thank you
Silvain