[Live-devel] About RTSP over UDP behind firewall.

Fang Laifa laifa at astri.org
Wed Jul 9 19:13:08 PDT 2008

Dear Ross,

    Thanks for your reply. These days I  have a google on such kind of
technique. It seems that it was called "UDP hole punch". Could you
please tell me which RFC is in progress on such kind of mechanism? Are
there any draft standard now? I just wonder why youtube and realplayer
can works well under no standards on that. Thanks.

>> So my question is that whether live555 have any plan to support
>> similar mechanism with RTP over UDP to bypass the firewall?

> Yes, the IETF is currently working to standardize such a mechanism,
> and I plan on supporting this in our software once the
> standardization is complete (or close to complete).

> --

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Rgds,
Laifa

This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies
of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited.