[Live-devel] Streaming a live audio source (stdin) over unicast

Karl Dalen k_dal2 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 09:55:48 PDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to stream a live audio source readable from stdin
over unicast and I have modified the test program testWAVAudioStreamer
so I can successfully stream multicast:

% audiorecord -p mic -T wav |  testWAVAudioStreamer

I was wondering is it possible to modify testWAVAudioStreamer
to stream unicast and what would be the procdure for doing that ?

I'm aware of the preferred model for unicast, testOnDemandRTSPServer.
However, it didn't seem to work with continuous streaming
from stdin. On the other hand streaming wav files works fine with
testOnDemandRTSPServer.

Simply modifying testOnDemandRTSPServer to read from stdin did not work for:
% audiorecord -p mic -T wav | testOnDemandRTSPServer
This gives audio overflow error and:
% cat test.wav | testOnDemandRTSPServer
did not work either.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

/Karl D