[Live-devel] H264 SDP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 10 23:12:53 PDT 2008

>I have attached our sdp and NAL frame (contains NAL units 7 and 8)
>alongwith the mail. We may be missing some needed information in sdp
>or we might be communicating it in the wrong format or I might be
>totally mistakenJ. Could you tell us the correct sdp fmtp line to
>generate

No I can't, because only you know the details of your H.264 stream.

Are you sure you are encoding the sps and pps NAL units correctly
using Base64 (for the "sprop_parameter_sets_str" parameter)?  I
suggest that you go through VLC's LIVE555 interface code (in
"modules/demux/live555.cpp") to make sure that the SDP fmtp string is
decoded into the correct NAL unit data (see the function
"parseH264ConfigStr()").

If you're still having problems, then you may need to make your RTSP
stream publically available, and post to the VLC mailing list, asking
them why VLC cannot play it.