[Live-devel] problem with testMPEG4VideoStreamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 22 05:15:09 PDT 2008

>I downloaded the wwe.m4e file from live555 website.
>I changed the destinationAddress to my ip address,rptPortNum to my port.
>When I ran testMPEG4VideoStreamer, vlc can use rtsp to show the video right,
>but when I changed the net source to udp://@:8888, vlc can't show the video.

"udp://" URLs are a non-standard hack.  Don't use them.

Instead, use RTSP.

Either use the *unmodified* "testMPEG4VideoStreamer" application (to
stream via multicast), or else use "testOnDemandRTSPServer" or
"live555MediaServer" (to stream via unicast), and use the "rtsp://"
URL (that the application will display) to access your stream.