[Live-devel] Multi Packet Frames

Jerry Johns Jerry.Johns at nuvation.com
Wed Jul 23 07:40:14 PDT 2008

I'm not seeing this behaviour as you describe in my test environment -
perhaps I wasn't clear on how I stated my question:

My stream chunks a H264 NAL Unit into multiple FU-A packets (1st packet
with the start bit set, many follow and finally last with the end bit
set)

I want to safeguard my H264VideoRTPSource'd receiver to ensure that when
it first latches onto this stream, that it does not start to process
packets till it gets one with the start bit set

That way, I ensure that my FileSink (or whatever sink after) will not
get half-complete NAL frames.

To ensure its not a legacy problem, I checked out a latest build of
liveMedia just now and compiled it, had a simple test file that
instantiated a H264VideoRTPSource and a FileSink.

After latching onto the stream, I observe that it does indeed pass these
halfway frames onto the FileSink

I confirmed this by inspecting the file that it produced.

Jerry Johns

Design Engineer

Nuvation Research Corp - Canada

Tel: (519) 746-2304 ext. 225